Making a complaint against a councillor

Apply to be an Independent Person

Could you help us maintain high standards of conduct by councillors? 

pdf icon Appointment of Independent Person advert [136kb]

The Council has agreed arrangements for dealing with allegations of misconduct by councillors and co-opted members of Spelthorne Borough Council.  The arrangements set out the procedure for making a complaint against a borough councillor.

pdf icon View a copy of these arrangements [156kb]

pdf icon Guidance regarding the investigation process, together with a flowchart of the process for dealing with complaints [183kb]

If following an assessment of the allegation made, it is decided to take the matter to a hearing, the pdf icon procedure to be followed at the hearing may be downloaded [26kb]

If you wish to make a complaint about a councillor please write to the Monitoring Officer, Michael Graham at the address below or email

Michael Graham
Monitoring Officer
Spelthorne Borough Council
Knowle Green
TW18 1XB